By David Grace
A special booklet with systematic and thorough insurance of HAP similar concerns, difficulties and options. Handbook of Broadband Communications from excessive Altitude Platforms presents an intensive assessment and state-of-the-art of the HAP permitting applied sciences, in addition to describing contemporary learn actions with such a lot promising effects. It outlines the roadmap for destiny improvement of HAPs.
- Focuses on putting HAPs within the standpoint of present and destiny broadband instant conversation platforms, supplying the readers with an outline of the limitations affecting HAP-based broadband communications
- Provides an intensive evaluation of HAP permitting applied sciences, describes contemporary learn actions with such a lot promising effects, and descriptions the roadmap for destiny improvement of HAPs
- Covers allowing applied sciences and economics of HAP-based communique procedure together with matters on the topic of aeronautics, energetics, working situations, purposes and company modeling
- Examines the working setting, complex verbal exchange strategies for effective radio hyperlink source administration, and appropriate antennas
- Addresses multiplatform constellations, featuring the a number of HAP constellation making plans technique and discussing the networking implications of utilizing a number of HAPs
Read or Download Broadband Communications via High-Altitude Platforms PDF
Similar & telecommunications books
Destiny instant communique structures could be working normally, if no longer thoroughly, on burst info providers wearing multimedia site visitors. the necessity to help high-speed burst site visitors has already posed a good problem to all presently on hand air-link applied sciences established both on TDMA or CDMA. the 1st iteration CDMA expertise has been utilized in either 2G and 3G cellular mobile criteria and it's been prompt that it isn't appropriate for high-speed burst-type site visitors.
We've got telephony to speak to one another, messaging to dispatch mail or fast messages, shopping to learn released content material and se's to find content material websites. in spite of the fact that, present cellular networks don't give you the risk for one software wealthy terminal to speak with one other in a peer-to-peer consultation past voice calls.
Convolution is crucial operation that describes the habit of a linear time-invariant dynamical procedure. Deconvolution is the unraveling of convolution. it's the inverse challenge of producing the system's enter from wisdom concerning the system's output and dynamics. Deconvolution calls for a cautious balancing of bandwidth and signal-to-noise ratio results.
Ultimately a complete evaluate of speech caliber in VoIP from the user’s viewpoint! Speech caliber of VoIP is a vital consultant to assessing the speech caliber of VoIP networks, while addressing the consequences for the layout of VoIP networks and structures. This publication bridges the distance among the technical network-world and the psychoacoustic international of caliber belief.
- Neural and Fuzzy Logic Control of Drives and Power Systems
- Catalogue of Books on Music
- Late Cretaceous and Cenozoic Mammals of North America: Biostratigraphy and Geochronology
- The art of cooking: the first modern cookery book
- Toward a Metatheory of Economic Bubbles: Socio-Political and Cultural Perspectives
- Revolution as Restoration: Guocui xuebao and China's Path to Modernity, 1905-1911
Additional info for Broadband Communications via High-Altitude Platforms
3 Multipoint Distribution Services for Multimedia Applications – MMDS and LMDS By restricting the scope of HAPs to delivery of asymmetric broadband services for fixed users only, two further standards appear interesting for the use on HAPs, the Local Multipoint Distribution Services (LMDS) and Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Services (MMDS). LMDS and MMDS have adapted the DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Inferface Specification) from the cable modem world. The version of DOCSIS modified for wireless broadband is known as DOCSIS þ .
A broadband wireless link and applications. Using an uprated mm-wave WLAN payload with on board server, a number of broadband applications were tested, such as video download and web-page download. 11b technology used at the time. This payload used the 28/29 GHz bands, within band allocations permitted by the Swedish authorities. To overcome the problems of the lack of station-keeping on a free flying balloon, wide area coverage from the balloon was achieved using a lens antenna. A tracking antenna on the ground was used to achieve the link budget.
For broadband wireless access provision via HAPs the signal may need to be upconverted to mm-wave frequencies, whereas for rapid establishment of ad hoc networks in emergency scenarios the equipment may as well be used in its nominal band. There are several studies reporting on range extension of WLAN networks, however, data rates achieved in such adapted systems are rather low and are not likely to justify system implementation and HAP deployment. 11b protocol, in particular, seems to be adaptable to HAP operating environment.